Hockey Canada High Performance 1 Coaching Seminar July 5th-9th/2017
Hockey NL will host the High Performance 1 coaching seminar (formerly known as Advanced 1) July 5th-9th/2017. The course will take place on the campus of Memorial University (MUN) in St. John’s, NL. Applications/Registration will be released in January 2017.
*Once pre-registration closes the branch will review applications and notify those who are accepted and not accepted into the course. For any coaches applying outside of NL, we will contact your respective branch for approval to course. Full details will be listed in the online application form.
The course will be broken down into four cost options (tax included in list price):
- HP1 Course – No Meals or Accommodations: $1,150.00
- HP1 Course with Meals included: $1,375.00
- Hp1 Course with Meals and Accommodations included: $1,650.00
- HP1 Course – Observer (This option applies to former HP1 participants who want to observe the course – No workbook or field task applies – No meals or accommodations applies to this option). $500.00
The HP1 course offers coaches the opportunity to hear and learn from professional speakers in a high performance coaching atmosphere as well as engage in theory work through a group setting. Some of the topics will include; Yearly planning, advanced skills/game analysis, goaltending, special teams, practice prep/design, player evaluations, bench management, offensive/defensive play and much more. A full detailed schedule will be released with the applications in January 2017.
Who will be accepted into the course?
Please check with your respective Branch prior to submitting your application as some branches have different qualification criteria for being accepted into the course and requirements post course. For Hockey NL coaches the following eligibility criteria will apply:
- Must be coaching (Head Coach/Assistant Coach) at Male or Female Bantam AAA level or higher post 2017 HP1 course. Delegates will have the opportunity to list on the application form what level they will be applying to coach next hockey season and beyond. For coaches to complete their post task written assignment and field evaluation, they must be coaching at the Bantam AAA level or higher.
- Coaches must have their NCCP Development 1 course completed prior to taking the HP1 course.
Beyond experience and current coaching will consider the following:
- Previous NCCP coach education and/or certification.
- Previous work within Hockey Canada structure in other leadership roles (Instructor, Mentor etc)
- Coaches who are coaching below the Bantam AAA level will be considered, on the basis the intent is to coach at the Bantam AAA level or higher in future year(s). Coaches must be at the Bantam AAA level or higher to complete the HP1 post task written and field assignment.
- Significant professional playing experience.