- AGE SPECIFIC PLAYER DEVELOPMENT
- Awards & Bursaries
- High Performance Program
- Hockey Canada Safety Program Guidelines
- INITIATION PROGRAM
- Speak Out
Welcome to the Initiation Program Information Page!
Please CLICK HERE to view our overview/FAQ sheet on the changes to IP & Novice hockey set-up.
AGE SPECIFIC DEVELOPMENT
- INITIATION (AGE 5-6) | LTPD FUNDAMENTALS 1
- INITIATION SEASONAL STRUCTURE
- NOVICE SEASONAL STRUCTURE
- IP CORE SKILLS
- IP SKILLS EVALUATION
- IP INFORMATION HANDOUT
- FAQ/Information on changes to the IP/Novice Program
- IP Implementation Guide (The guide to help implement the ideal IP program for MHAs)
- Additional Benefits of Cross Ice Hockey from the IIHF
- Junior Coaching Program: Created to assist MHA’s in getting young coaches involved (ages 16-20) at the IP Level, we will pay for the in-class portion of a maximum 5 coaches per seasonover the next two seasons.
LESSON PLANS & CURRICULUM
- Dr. Stephen Norris Grassroots Presentation: Sport scientist Dr. Stephen Norris presented to the HNL membership at the 2016 fall meetings. Dr. Norris, presented on the proper development in grassroots programming for young hockey players/athletes. In this video link Dr. Norris presents to Hockey Manitoba with that familiar message. This is a must watch for all those involved in Minor Hockey – Enjoy!
- Under 8 Small Area Game Promotional Video – Video created by USA hockey to show the benefits of smaller area development for young hockey players.
- Child Perspective Video – Put yourself in the young players shoes and see what they see!
- Video Tom Renney (Hockey Canada CEO)
- Video Paul Carson (Hockey Canada, Senior Director Development)
- Video Corey McNabb (Hockey Canada, Director of Player Development)